Sunday, August 16, 2009

8-16-09

8-2-09
It's Sunday. :-) I'm just laying on the floor writing. We woke up at 5 because dumbass fireguard didn't know we were supposed to get up at 5:30. So that's gay. Yesterday we went to the range and worked on grouping. I did good. My trigger squeeze was a little off so I have been practicing by chargin the rifle, putting a dime on the top of the barrel and squeezing the trigger without the dime falling off. It's hard but it really helps. The sights are really weird on a M-16 which I don't like. The rear sight is a circle and the front is a post. It's just hard to know if the side posts are even. We were at the range for 8 1/2 hours! And it rained like a bitch in the beginning. And when you shoot you can't hear any boom. All you can hear is the spring from the buffer (absorbs the recoil). So it just goes bong. lol. Monday we are going to the range and staying the night. That should be...gay! There are so many animals and BUGS here it sucks. Ashley & Marlana would hate it! I can't wait to call home today. I really want to talk to everybody. I really want to talk to Marlana. But I know I will cry. :-( But it's worth it!!!! I have learned how to sleep in the most uncomfortable positions. Which is kinda helpful. Everybody is always looking at all the pictures in my locker. I love pictures. They are awesome. I'm HUNGRY! And there is still like 30 minutes to an hour until chow. Ok chow was good except they ran out of biscuits & milk so I couldn't have biscuits and I had cereal with gatorade. lol. It was weird. We aren't aloud to bring food back but I got some fignutons for later. I'm just sitting in a room with a bunch of BB's. We're just talking about funny shit that happens here and writing letters. I've been wearing my winter boots which is helping my blisters a lot. Graduation is October 16th!!! Family Day is the 15th! And I have a pass for the 5th & 6th of Sept where I can leave the base and do what I want. I don't know what I'm gonna do. :-( I just know I want to leave the base for a while. Mom ask Grandpa if he can come up here and get me for that weekend please! Basic is getting a lot better though. Everybody ...well I guess groups of friends are starting which is good. We started doing this thing where if somebody fucks up and gets us smoked we put on our winter PT's and gas mask and chase the person around and hit him with a sock with a sock in it. lol. or when they're sleeping. That way it doesn't hurt but they know they need to stop fucking up. 42 days of Basic left!!!! Thank God! Ok well tomorrow's gonna suck monkey balls!! We go to the range, shoot all day :-) then put up our little shelter tents from WW1 :-( sleep at the range until 12 am :-( then get up and camouflage ourselves then do night combat training until freakin 7am :-( eat :-) shoot :-) march back to the barracks :-( sleep from 2-5pm :-( then we're supposed to give blood :-(!!! And we have to march to and back from the range, 5k with all our combat gear & night gear which I just weighed ...148lbs!!!!! FUCKING GAY!! I think I'm going to die! Oh ya, and tomorrow morning we have to redo the 2 mile run before the march because some dickweeds tried to cheat on it for the PT test. So that's really going to blow balls! Our DS always screws with us so he walked down the hallway with a foam grenade and threw it in the rooms. He always does it. I jumped in my locker and shut the doors :-) He was like what the hell are you doing Hutchison!? And I said saving my biscuits. Lol. He just shook his head and walked away. I didn't go to church today. I didn't want to miss the phone calls...which still hasn't happened. I can't wait to talk to you all! It's hard to not talk to all of you and it's really hard not to be able to talk to Marlana. I miss her. I have been cleaning the hell out of the barracks so that I can get a phone call! I WANT ONE SO BAD!! Well I love you all so much and will be hopefully talking to you soon.

8-4-09
I'm tired and I stink! Yesterday we took a bus to the range and shot all day. We had to zero & I got a no go the first time which was bullshit but the second time I got it. We were at the range all day! Then when it got dark and cooled down we marched 5k (3.3 miles) to the freakin middle of the woods. We set up tents and all our sleeping shit. It sucked because I sweat so much my ACU's were drenched! So I got pretty cold. I slept on my sleeping bag on the ground. We went to bed at 12am and I had fireguard from 3-4. It was like going to bed and waking right back up. And there were so many bugs crawling on me! It was gay. Then we woke up and learned about how to camouflage ourselves. We really just sat in the woods and talked to the DS. It sucks because he is really cool but he is leaving in 8 days because Bravo company needs him. So that's gay! After doing that we marched back to the barracks... I pucked so much when we got back it sucked! I didn't puck because of being sick I was just exhausted! I thought I was gonna pass out. Since then I have been picking up trash around the barracks and watching weapons...sitting in the war room with some friends bullshitting, writing letters, and listening to music. :-) There is no hip-hop stations here...only country & some rock. I've been talking about ring shopping with my BB (battle buddy) Kozak. He wants us to go in AIT...sounds like a plan. So I'm having my BB design a tattoo for me. I want Stay Strong Live Strong on my chest. We were talking to the operations staff sergeant about how we are in white phase but still have a red phase banner because there are some dumbass's holding us back. He said wait until there's no DS's around, get them alone...and give them some "personal motivation" or do it when they go to sleep. He pretty much told us to beat the hell out of them. Kinda weird. I'm so happy we are gonna get so much mail tonight! The DS's had 3 buckets full of mail!! I'm excited! Well I gotta clean my rifle and get ready for chow. Ok well I got mail with questions so I'm just gonna answer them as I read. :-) Deodorant trick on my feet...I'll keep trying. :-)
My friends..I'm making a lot. Then again there's some people I can't stand.
They are all from the midwest and south. They all like to drink of course and do things they're not supposed to do. And yes my whole platoon is 21-B. I gotta go to bed, Love you all, Sean.

8-5-09
Well today we spent most of the day at the range. We had 40 rounds & had a 75m, 175m, & a 300m target to shoot at & they were hooked up to a computer that would show your spotter where you hit the target. We had to shoot the targets in order 5, 10, 5 times twice. 75m 5 shots x 2, 175m 10 shots x 2 & 300m 5 shots x 2. I only missed 6 shots which I wasn't very happy about but at least I got a go my first try. Then we just sat under a cover all day cause it was 107 degrees plus shitty humidity. We are in white phase but the platoon flags still have red banners because we haven't proven that we want to be in white phase. So we are in white phase but we don't get treated like it. Anyways, today the Captain was sitting in his car like 25 meters away from where everybody was sitting and we were supposed to be quiet and read our smart books. My platoon was doing it but the others wouldn't shut the hell up. So the Captain walked up and waved the white flags at us then went back to his car. Which was a pretty good indication that if we did what we were supposed to we would get our flags. Well the other platoons wouldn't shut up...some people who fucking suck! And the Captain walked up, heard how loud they were, turned around, walked back to his car and left. I was so fucking pissed! I went off on a group of people and told them they were a bunch of selfish fuck tards. so that sucked. Then when we got back to the barracks somebody in my platoon said somebody took his IBAS (bullet proof vest...$2100) and our DS went off! We got smoked in all our combat gear and equipment...ALL MY GEAR!! Then we found out some dumbass in my platoon who is always on the DS's shit list left his IBAS in his locker & didn't want to get in trouble so he took the other guys when we were at the range. He got smoked until he pucked...A LOT! But it's not called getting smoked anymore, it getting caped. Corrective active physical exercise drill or something. But one of my DS's is leaving Wednesday which sucks because he is really cool. He always tells stories about funny shit. He's the one who gave me the nickname biscuit. He said whenever he sees me he will always call me biscuit and I will have to do push-ups. I think my nickname is awesome. lol. Everybody calls me that. A lot of people only know me by that. Tomorrow I am doing some kind of simulation target shooting. I'm pretty sure it's the qualifying stuff but simulated. So that will be fun...EASY DAY TOO! :-) Well I'm gonna hit they hay. I love you all so much and can't wait to call home Sunday hopefully! Stay strong, Love Sean

8-8-09
Well today has had it's ups and it's downs. Got up early...instead of getting to sleep in a little because people suck! Did PT & stretch drills, ate chow, got ready to go to the range. Then after we got all our gear on & got outside the DS's said we were marching which sucked because I knew it would be far. And it was! 9k, about 7 1/2 miles...in the HEAT! When we got to the range it was the same one we are going to qualify on. The targets are 2-50m, 75m, 150m, 200m, 275m & 300m. The first time I went I got a double feed (where two rounds go in the chamber) so the rifle jammed. I got 23 out of 40 and a 24 is pass. So I was pretty pissed. Then the second time I was a little off on my breathing but I got 33 out of 40 which I was ok with. I want to get at least 36 to get expert. My DS said who ever gets expert he will get them a pizza and a monster! So I'm gonna get it! After the range we luckily go a bus ride back. When we got back we had to clean our rifles & while I was cleaning mine the DS through a fake grenade in the room so I dove out of the way. I didn't get far enough away so I died. The DS made everybody stack me and everybody else who died in a pile at the end of the hall. And I got the short end of the stick and was at the bottom! Now the downer, a blister on my toe is infected so I have to go to sick call Monday. So I'm pissed about that. I really don't want to be on profile but I know I will be because they have to cut the infected part out. So I better not miss any training. But at least I'll get out of the 8k road march Monday. :-) Well it's getting late and I have fire guard 1-2am so it's bed time. I'll write more tomorrow & talk to you tomorrow. Every Sunday now. :-) Love, Sean

8-9-09
I love Sundays! The only day I can relax. :-) So we got to wake up at 5:30 which was awesome. All I have doe is fold my laundry & clean my locker. I'm kinda pissed because at reception I signed up for laundry service which is where I turn in my laundry and they wash it for me. It's $6.50 a week & I never turn in laundry because it takes too long! I would rather just wash it myself. And everytime I turn it in I get someone else's underwear back. It's retarded! I just got back from chow which was good. Eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy mixed together, waffles cereal and chocolate milk. I eat so much here! But I have to because we only eat 3 times a day. I guess whoever gets a go on BRM & their PT test Friday will get a 5 hour pass to do whatever on Sunday. So I will get it for sure! Then I'm gonna go get a pizza and an energy drink, and call and talk to you all. :-) I'm excited. I can't wait to get out of here and get home! I want to know where I am stationed so we can figure everything out about where and what kind of home Marlana & I are gonna get. I got four things I want to buy when I come home. A car, Marlana a car, a nice TV and a California king memory foam bed! :-) That's what I'm looking forward to. I know I'm gonna say this on the phone today but can you find out what insurance would be for me with a 2006 STI. Could you send pictures and info on my wedding. I'm so excited to talk to everybody today. I hope you are all home so I can talk to you all at the same time. I better get more time to talk today! I got screwed last week. Well it's 19:30 so I guess there's no phone calls today. :-( That pisses me off. Well today Howell...the fruit cake room mate who had /was supposed to write the essay on wall lockers said he has never seen any part of the female body. Bad thing to say! So we all told him we were gonna take him to a strip club & he freaked out. He thinks that's bad because strippers are "whores of Babylon"...whatever the fuck that is. So then he got made fun of because he jerks off but has never seen a naked woman...only naked dudes in the showers. So that opened up a can of make fun of Howell cause he's a homo. :-) Then I had to fill out a sick call because of my infected blister & he called me a pussy. And you know me, I got pissed. So I told him to shut his fucking face and he called me a cock sucker. So I took all his canteens, helmet, shoes, and pillow and hid them around the barracks. He just got done finding his shit so he's a little pissy. But oh well...I told him not to piss me off. I told him next time I'll just fill his shoes and boots with shaving cream. He is so dumb we had to teach him how to do laundry today...TODAY! We have been here for over a month! Well enough of him. Also a bunch of people like to talk and screw around when we are toeing the line so me and the platoon guide...well me but I ran it by the platoon guide came up with if you screw around on the line you get a double shift of fire guard. And earlier some retards wanted to test me and not shut up when I said to so they got 2 hours of fire guard tonight. Sucks to be a dumb fuck. People have just been being so immature it annoys the hell out of me. And I really don't care what they think of me so I make their day shitty in return. :-) It just pisses me off that we have been in white phase for 2 weeks and still have a red phase banner. Which means they treat us like we are in red phase. So we don't get phone calls every Sunday & we can't sleep in on weekends. There's a lot of other stuff we don't get that we should but I'm tired of bitching. I hope you all had a good day. I miss you all so much and can't wait to see you. Well I'm gonna go to bed. I love you all. Only 9 weeks left!

8-10-09
Well today has been kinda shitty..The best part of today was eating. I woke up and had to put all my gear on because we had a 8k march to the range. But I got out of it because I had to go to sick call. So I put all my gear on the truck and everybody who was going to sick call went to chow first. Which was awesome because we didn't have to hurry so much. I ate a lot. :-) Then we went to sick call...marched ourselves there. When I got there I had to fill out some papers and had to show a sergeant my blisters. He said I needed to go get them checked out so I had to wait for a while. Then they told me I had to go to the hospital to go to the podiatry part. So I rode around on some buses with my BB Erbek and we finally got to the hospital then he chilled and watched TV while I went in to get my feet checked. I told the doctor I had flat feet and she gave me some nice inserts for my boots! Then she looked at my blisters and said they aren't infected. They're just blood blisters. So she got a scalpel and cut them and all the callouses off...which sucked because she was kind of a bitch so she wasn't very gentle. So she cut them off then gave me some gel...toe condoms I guess. They just slip over my toes and keep my boots from messing them up to bad. But it sucked because now there are no callouses so they hurt. But me and Erbek took a shuttle back to the range to practice qualifications because it's tomorrow. The range SUCKED! The grass covered the targets and my 175m didn't drop when I shot it. It only did twice. So I got a 24/40 which is the lowest you can get to qualify. But 50% of my platoon & 1st platoon got no goes. Well first was 55% and 3rd was 43%. So the DS's were pissed! Oh and it poured rain while I was shooting! It SUCKED! When we got back the DS tok our phase banner (flag) and unscrewed it & gave us the bottom part. So we have a big ass toothpick. He said we have to earn it back and act like real soldiers. The we got SMOKED in front of the 1st sergeant. Smoked bad! And my toes hurt so bad. We had to run inside and toe the line in 1 minute which is impossible and everytime we were late we we got smoked more and the time got lower. Then when we were really tired we had to beat him into the barracks..and he's fast. So we got smoked some more! Then we went inside and cleaned our rifles. So today sucked because we got smoked for fucking ever! Now if we piss him off he is going to make us toe the line every 20 minutes tonight in different uniforms, PT's, ACU's, full battle rattle, NBC (nuclear biological chemical) suits and gas masks, etc. So that would really suck. And we would get smoked everytime: or as DS says play games. But hat has been my day so far. I'm beat! If I get expert on shooting I get a 30 minute phone call tomorrow. Friday if I pass my pt test I think I get a phone call which will be easy, and if I qualify and pass my pt I get a 5 hour pass Sunday. And I can't wait to get a pizza, energy drink, candy and talk to all of you! I'm so excited. Well I didn't get mail today because my dickweed platoon didn't earn it so hopefully tomorrow I will get a lot. I love you all and can't wait to see you! Love, Sean

5 comments:

  1. We are proud of you Shawn!!!

    I finally figured out how to post on your page.

    I know that is sad, since i'm an IT Profesional. I am just not into the whole social networking scene.

    I really enjoyed my times at the Range when I was in the AF. The M16 Sights take some getting used to, but I really love them now, only thing better for a medium ranged weapon is an ACOG.

    Take Care!!!

    Uncle Del and the whole Cactus Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean

    Oh my God....

    Sorry Man I miss-spelled your name..

    I hate when people do that to me..

    Sorry!!

    Uncle Del

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sean hows it been congrats on boot camp!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete